2-INGREDIENT, GRAIN-FREE PIZZA CRUST RECIPE
Updated: Feb 22
the next time someone says gluten-free vegans only eat salads... just make this pizza for them and watch their heads explode.
this pizza crust recipe is seriously a GAME CHANGER guys. it's got everything you want in a healthy recipe:
and #medicalmediumapproved !
but don't worry! it's still CRAZY delicious! ready for the full recipe? let's go!
2-INGREDIENT, GRAIN-FREE PIZZA CRUST RECIPE serving size: 2 people
prep time: 15 minutes
cook time: 45 minutes
2 cups of sweet potato (steamed, peeled, and mashed)
1 cup cassava flour
(optional, but recommended spices) 1/2 tsp salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and dried oregano
1. preheat your oven to 400 degrees F. then combine your sweet potato, cassava flour, and spices in a large bowl and combine until an even dough forms.
2. split the dough in half (the recipe will make two separate pizzas), and add half of the dough onto a parchment paper lined tray. spread out into an even, flat circle that's about 10 inches in diameter. do the same thing with the other half of the dough on a separate tray.
3. place ONE of the trays in the oven and cook for 30 minutes (*note: if you put both trays in the oven it will take longer to cook! I personally just saved the other pizza crust to cook right after the first one was done.)
4. while your crust is cooking, feel free to use/make any pizza sauce you like (I was lazy and just cracked open a jar of my favorite organic, fat-free marinara sauce from whole foods lol) and get all your toppings and veggies prepped. I personally just loaded up on all my favorite pizza toppings: red and yellow bell peppers, black olives, roasted garlic, and water-sautéed kale, red onion, and mushrooms!
5. after 30 minutes, take out your pizza crust (should be firm and completely cooked all the way through! should not be doughy. don't add your toppings until your crust is cooked to your liking!) and then add your pizza sauce and all your toppings. place back in the oven for another 15 minutes.
6. after 15 minutes, take out your pizza, let cool for at least 10 minutes (feel free to add some more toppings like I did: freshly chopped basil, red pepper flakes, more garlic powder and dried oregano - whatever you like!), and then... DIG IN!!!
did you enjoy this recipe? feel free to share it with a friend who you think would also enjoy it :)