OIL-FREE CRISPY KALE CHIPS
wait: oil-free AND crispy?! I promise you're not dreaming.
move over potato chips! these crispy little beauties are SO easy to make and you literally only need 1 main ingredient: organic, nutrient-dense kale!
kale is named of the most powerful superfoods for good reason! not only is it anti-viral, anti-inflammatory, and anti-cancerous, it's also packed with omega-3s, antioxidants, iron, magnesium, potassium, protein, vitamins A, C, E, K, and B, and SO much more!
and trust me: if you're like me and you're not a big fan of raw kale, THIS is the recipe for you. it's so incredibly tasty that you won't even believe that it's healthy for you!
ready for the super simple recipe? let's do it!
OIL-FREE CRISPY KALE CHIPS RECIPE
serving size: 2 people
prep time: 5 minutes
cook time: 20 minutes
1 bunch of organic kale (any variety you like)
salt (I prefer pink himalayan sea salt)
garlic powder (or any other seasonings your heart desires! play around with spices like curry powder, cumin, or chili powder too)
1. preheat the oven to 230 degrees F and line two trays with parchment paper
2. rinse your kale thoroughly and then tear off the leaves into bite size pieces and discard any large stems (or save them to juice!)
3. pat dry so they aren't completely soaked but just damp enough to hold the seasoning
4. place the pieces evenly on the two lined trays and season with a pinch of salt and garlic powder (or another spice) and toss until evenly coated
5. then space out the pieces so they aren't touching AT ALL (very important to make sure they get crispy!)
6. place both trays in the oven - one on the top rack and one on the bottom (or both in the middle but my trays didn't fit lol) and bake for 10 minutes
7. after 10 minutes, check on your kale and then switch the trays so the top one is on the bottom and bottom is on the top. bake for another 10 minutes
8. remove from oven, let cool and crisp up for at least 5 minutes, add more garlic powder if you want, and then enjoy!!
NOTE: if you somehow don't devour all of these in 5 minutes like I did, then store any leftovers in an air-tight container at room temp for up to 3 days! :)
don't forget to share this recipe with friends and tag me on instagram (@livewellwitharielle) if you try this recipe - I'd love to see! love, arielle